How to Lose Belly Fat Quickly for Kids
It wasn’t that long ago when kids were playing outside all day long, and these activities helped them to get stronger and to enlarge their muscle’s mass. But today is a different time – children play at home on their smartphones or tablets, sitting most of the day in the chair. If we add the unhealthy food in that circle, the ideal conditions for an unhealthy growth of any child are created.
It is really unusual for a kid to have fat problems; especially belly fat which often happens among adults. When this problem occurs, it should be removed as soon as possible, with all the help that child can get. Here are the best solutions for losing belly fat for kids.
A Caring Mom
Kids Belly Fat
The number of overweight children has grown at a dangerous rate, where 1 of 3 kids is considered overweight or obese. A huge part of children spend their time in front of the computer, TV, smartphone, tablet, and spend very little time exercising – or just don’t exercise at all. In addition, today’s busy families don’t have enough time to prepare healthy and nutritious meals, so the problem escalates.
The negative effects of overweight and obesity are many. Both increase kids’ chances to develop medical problems in future, which can affect them hard. For example, conditions like type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure are considered adult diseases once – now they’re present among kids population, too.
Besides, children develop the risk for:
- Bones and joint problems.
- Short breath while exercising, worsen the asthma symptoms or develop asthma,
- Sleep problems or obstructive sleep apnea,
- Predisposition to mature earlier (overweight girls may have earlier and irregular menstrual cycles which lead to fertility problems in their future; overweight boys are taller and sexually more mature than their peers – they look older than they really are, but don’t act like that)
- Liver and gall bladder disease.
Obese or overweight children also develop different emotional issues and may be bullied, teased or rejected by their peers. Furthermore, they can become unhappy with their look and thus:
- Develop eating disorders or unhealthy eating habits as anorexia or bulimia,
- Be disposed to depression,
- Be at risk for substance addiction.
If you are worried that your child might be overweight, measure his/her BMI and make an appointment with the nutrition specialist. He will guide you how to make positive changes which will help you and your child to establish a healthy lifestyle further on.
How to Lose Belly Fat for Children
Lose Stomach Fat for Kids
The first step in this process is a healthy diet. Kids get their fat belly from wrong diet and unhealthy foods. These foods are best to limit or even eject from your diet:
- Fruit Juices (specially purchased) should be limited to one glass of juice per day. Try to buy the ones with 100% fruit or even better – use your juicer and make one!
- Soda should definitely be completely out of children’s diet. Don’t buy it at all and you won’t have any problems. It is carbonated and full of additives and aromas.
- Candy/Sweets/Cookies are the best to limit daily – one serving per day and try to do it before night hours. These are especially responsible for creating the belly fat among kids, so try as much as you can to avoid it.
- Pasta/Pizza and similar meals from batter should definitely be limited. For example, make it once a week or less – that will melt the belly fat surely.
- Bread can’t be completely out, but ensure that it has at least some healthy ingredients as sunflower or other seeds, different types of whole grain flour as rye flour of buckwheat, etc.
- Junk Food should also be completely thrown out the everyday meals (Figure 2). If you aren’t able to cook, buy food from organic restaurants with healthy food. That is the best possible alternative to homemade food.
Fat Burner for Kids
The best food for losing belly fat is natural and healthy (portions and types of food shown in the food pyramid, (Figure 3). But, some foods can even speed up this process, as:
- Green Tea has a group of ingredients which increase the amount of fat burnt by the liver, because they cause fat cells to release fats, and also boost the consumption of energy by the body. If your child doesn’t want to drink it, mix it with a squeezed lemon and make ice tea! Add some mint and honey and your kid will surely enjoy and lose belly fat at the same time.
- Dairy Products contain a lot of healthy nutrients and also make you feel full. Also, dairy food can’t increase your belly fat thanks to its whey protein, so it is only going to help with this problem. The best dairy products are yogurt, kefir, milk, cottage cheese and similar.
- Whole Grains contain chromium and magnesium which decrease the belly fat. The best are brown or wild rice, quinoa, and oats. If you mix these with fruit, you will get a winning combination!
- Vitamin C is present in many fruits and it helps in the production of cortisol. Cortisol, on the other hand, prevents our body from getting fat. Eat more strawberries, red cabbage, parsley, broccoli, red peppers and you will feel its immediate positive effects.
- Potassium Loaded Fruit like bananas, avocados, spinach, sweet potatoes and orange juice are more than welcome since they help us to remove fat belly and reduces our chances to get fat.
- Anthocyanin Loaded Fruit like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, bilberries, blackberries, and elderberries reduce belly fat – just include it in your daily diet.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids maintain stable levels of sugar in the blood, which is responsible for reducing belly fat. Omega-3 acids are present in nuts, dark chocolate, avocados, flaxseed oil, salmon, cod, and olives.
- Protein Foods like chicken breasts, fish, turkey and egg whites also help muscle building and thus reduce belly fat.
- Fibre Foods also help us to maintain full longer and also to remove our belly fat. Eat beans, fruits, legumes, whole grains, vegetables, and oats because they contain a lot of fiber. Include smaller portions first and then add more.
- Resistant Starch Foods is contained in beans, corns, bananas and potatoes and successfully fight belly fat.
- Water Intake is essential component – don’t forget to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
Figure 3 Food Pyramid for Children
There is no need to take your kids to the gym at all. If you take the first step and take them out, all the things will happen naturally. Because the goal and the occupation of every child are to play.
There are of course multiple activities for kids to involve, and that is their individual choice; in the end, it isn’t important whether they chose football, basketball or swimming – it is just important for them to move every day.
Here are few tips in order to make your child love sports.
- If your child hasn’t played a lot lately, the best thing is to go slow first.
- Put down your mobile phones and go out together, even for an hour.
- Encourage your kid to start exercising. In the beginning, it can be just walking or running.
- Give him/her an idea to start training a sport. It will help him/her to move on a daily basis and have a lot of fun, too!
- Don’t push him/her too hard. The important thing is to bring the maximum out, not to overstate.
- You can also give him/her an idea to do some exercises at home. Try doing it together – it will surely be a lot of fun, too!
Healthy Habits Which Help in Losing Fat for Kids
One of the important things are the habits which are created within every family. For example, if you taught your kids to eat apples or bananas for a snack, it will definitely be more natural to them to do so.
Healthy habits are created every day, so start from today. This might look like a slow process, but it will be worth it since children will adopt it and follow it in their lives for a long time to come.
Here are few tips for healthy habits:
- Set goals together and work it out. Talk with your child and set your goals together. You can even write them down in order to remember how important they are to you.
- Do it all together. If your child is on a diet, join him/her and make healthy meals for the whole family. That way you’ll show your will and support, and strengthen his/her will additionally.
- Hide or throw the junk food. Junk food just makes it all harder – for you and for your kids. You will surely eat it less when you don’t see it or even don’t buy it at all.
- Eat together and don’t skip meals. The atmosphere at the table with the family is really relaxing and you will learn to appreciate it. Eat together whenever you can – starting from breakfast and don’t ever skip meals.
- Forgive him, and give your child a lot of space. This is a really tough period for you and your child. If he/she makes a mistake, don’t take it too hard – forget it and go forward together.
- Be patient and celebrate the success. Every success needs time, so be patient and try to encourage your child to be so. The goal is near, so it is crucially important for you to stay patient and don’t give up.
It is highly important to encourage your child to remove belly fat before the time goes. The best is to do it together in order to maintain your kid’s health and growth. As the time passes, he/she will be thankful and understand the size of the problem that could grow up even more and lead to many deathful diseases. In the end, remember that your child sees you as his/her role model, so ensure that you provide him the best possible example to look for.
If you like the post, just share it!